VFW Auxiliary members are instrumental in assisting the VFW pass or block legislation that impacts veterans and their families. Each year, members contact legislators to share our views regarding such legislation with them and invite them to share their positions on veterans’ issues; we hold legislators accountable for honoring America’s promises to our nation’s veterans.
The Legislative Program:
- Promotes the VFW Priority Goals.
The Priority Goals reflect the resolutions passed by the VFW to strengthen and ensure an adequate VA system for millions of current and future veterans. They call for much-needed attention to crises and are grouped under eight areas of concern:
- Work Force Development and Accountability
- Health Care
- Compensation and Benefits
- Education, Employment and Transition Assistance
- Defense/Homeland Security
- Military Quality of Life
- Promotes Action Corps
Stay informed and up-to-date on issues facing our veterans, our military and their families by signing up to receive the VFW’s Action Corps Weekly e-newsletter. The VFW Action Corps is free and open to all patriotic Americans who care about the military and veterans’ communities.
- Encourages all citizens to exercise their right to vote and contact legislators regarding issues impacting veterans and their families.
VFW Auxiliary Members: Please login to the Member Portal to download Legislative Program Resources.