The VFW Auxiliary works to teach our nation’s youth the skills to become responsible adults through serving our country, communities, veterans and active-duty service members. We engage youth in positive volunteer experiences and believe every young person can find a place to serve that will improve their lives, as well as the lives they touch.
The Youth Activities Program:
- Sponsors and works with youth groups such as:
- Youth sports teams
- Church youth groups
- After-school programs
- Youth-focused organizations
- School clubs
- Home-school associations
- Youth community service groups
- Nonprofit organization youth advisory councils
- Service learning and civic departments in high schools and colleges
- Recognizes Random Acts of Patriotism (R.A.P.)
We encourage and reward patriotism through R.A.P. If a child is seen thanking a veteran, properly placing their hand on their heart during the Pledge of Allegiance or involved in some other activity that promotes patriotism, we suggest giving them a R.A.P. card and/or coin. It’s a fun and unique way to engage children elementary age and younger!
- Youth Groups Supporting Our Veterans
Youth groups can be recognized for their efforts and service projects honoring our veterans and assisting active-duty military and their families. Great traditions and citizenship start at an early age. We recognize these bright young citizens for their good work to ensure these activities become a part of their daily lives.
VFW Auxiliary Members: Access Youth Activities Program Resources HERE.