The editors at VFW Auxiliary Magazine are always working to develop interesting stories and are delighted to receive your information and photographs. As with other media outlets, stories that are unique, new or of special interest to Auxiliary members will take precedence over more routine contributed content.
Please do not send:
- Poetry/creative writing
- Election or installation reports
- Routine social events and anniversaries
- Department or National Officers’ visits to local or District meetings
- Obituaries (except for a National Line Officer or Past National President)
Instead, send information about various activities for our National Programs that shows your Auxiliary members making a difference in the lives of veterans and those in your community.
- Did your Auxiliary participate in a StandDown?
- Did your Auxiliary work to raise awareness about veteran and military suicide prevention?
- Did your Auxiliary participate in Make a Difference Day?
- Did your Auxiliary adopt a Veterans Park or contribute to a Veterans Memorial?
- Did your Auxiliary educate youth about patriotism?
- Was there a particular Auxiliary event that was very unique and/or successful?
Note: There is a delay between receipt of information and its publication. Magazine issues are completed in advance of the publication date. For instance, the January issue is finalized in early December.
All copy should be typed. If emailed, copy should be attached as a Word (.doc) document.
Email copy to:
Mail copy to:
Editor, VFW Auxiliary Magazine
406 W. 34th St., 10th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64111