The VFW Auxiliary is pleased to present the Continuing Education Scholarship to assist members and their immediate family members who wish to further their education by pursing a college degree or career direction at a vocational/technical school.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicant must be one of the following:
- Current VFW Auxiliary Member*
- Spouse of current VFW Auxiliary Member*
- Son of current VFW Auxiliary Member*
- Daughter of current VFW Auxiliary Member*
*Qualifying member must have been a member of the VFW Auxiliary for one (1) year by the application submission deadline.
What is the Scholarship Amount?
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded each year, one in each of the four VFW Auxiliary Conferences.
What are the Scholarship Submission Requirements?
Each applicant must:
- Answer all questions on the Continuing Education Scholarship application
- Write a brief essay (no more than 300 words) describing their commitment to their goals and how this scholarship will help them attain these goals.
What are the Scholarship Deadlines?
- July 1: Application process begins.
- February 15: All applications must be submitted to VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters.*
- May 1: Scholarship recipients are notified.
* required deadlines