The VFW has cancelled the National Convention and therefore, we, the VFW Auxiliary, will not be conducting business as usual.
Sections 808 and 809A of the VFW Auxiliary Bylaws address the offices of President, Senior-Vice President and Junior-Vice President directly.
In the event of a vacancy in the office of the President:
- The Senior-Vice President shall succeed to the title and duties of the President.
- The Junior-Vice President shall succeed to the title and duties of the Senior-Vice President.
- They shall immediately assume their duties without requiring an installation.
- An election shall be held at the next regular meeting for the office of Junior-Vice President and any other office vacated.
Per Section 710 of the VFW Auxiliary Bylaws, the VFW Auxiliary National Council of Administration is responsible for making decisions and representing the body between Conventions.
National President Peggy Haake appointed a committee to make a recommendation to our National Council of Administration on how to handle voting, Resolutions and the Revisions to both the National Bylaws and Ritual.
The National Council of Administration voted to hold a one-day mini-convention in Kansas City to hold our election and our installation.
This letter outlines how voting, election and installation will take place. It also provides information regarding how Resolutions, Bylaws and Ritual Revisions will be handled.
Please click on the links below to view and download the following:
- Media Release Announcing Cancellation of 2020 National Convention
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Cancellation Process for the 2020 VFW Auxiliary National Convention
- Includes information about refunds for registration fees, hotel and flight reservations.