Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. The VFW Auxiliary is one of the nation’s oldest veterans’ service organizations and our members are the relatives of those who have served in overseas combat. We have nearly 470,000 members in more than 4,000 Auxiliaries nationwide who volunteer millions of hours and fundraise millions of dollars for charitable projects that benefit veterans, military service personnel and their families.
Through our National Programs, we assist the VFW pass or block legislation that impacts veterans and their families, provide nearly a million volunteer hours in the VA medical system, conduct patriotic programs with thousands of students and offer hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships for our nation’s youth.
Here are a few ways Auxiliary members across America serve veterans, active-duty military and their families, and their communities:
- Sowing Seeds, Growing Goodwill
- Connecting with Comrades. Going for Gold. 36th Annual National Veterans Wheelchair Games
- Whole Family Supports Veterans
- Auxiliaries Make Home Sweeter
- Smiles for Veterans
- Nebraska Group Sends Care Packages Half a World Away
- Twin Missions: Sisters Support Veterans Together
- Bataan Memorial Death March: Auxiliary Ambassador Marches in Her Father’s Footsteps
- It’s Full Speed Ahead for New Florida Auxiliary
- Auxiliary President Honors Her Son’s Memory
During the 2015-2016 Program Year, Auxiliary members: