Established 1914, members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States Auxiliary set out to serve the veterans of this country and our communities in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform. The VFW Auxiliary is one of the nation’s oldest veterans’ service organizations and our members are the relatives of those who have served in overseas combat. More than 470,000 members in nearly 3,800 Auxiliaries nationwide who volunteer millions of hours and fundraise millions of dollars for charitable projects that benefit veterans, military service personnel and their families.
Through our National Programs, we assist the VFW pass or block legislation that impacts veterans and their families, provide nearly a million volunteer hours in the VA medical system, conduct patriotic programs with thousands of students and offer hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships for our nation’s youth.
Here are a few ways Auxiliary members across America serve veterans, service members and their families, and their communities:
- Suicide Awareness: Saving Lives One Sign at at Time
- Nickels for the Nursery
- A Family of Firsts
- Remembering Veterans with Flags of Honor
- Aloha & Therapy: A Rehabilitative Scuba Trip
- Sowing Seeds, Growing Goodwill
- Auxiliaries Make Home Sweeter
- Smiles for Veterans
- Nebraska Group Sends Care Packages Half a World Away
- Twin Missions: Sisters Support Veterans Together
During the 2018-2019 Program Year, Auxiliary members: