2015-2016 National Youth Activities Ambassador
Youth Activities: Involve Youth In All Auxiliary Programs!
What does it mean to sponsor and work with youth groups?
Under the Auxiliary Youth Activities Program, an Auxiliary can sponsor a youth group and engage youth in any one of our programs, including activities to honor our veterans or assist our active-duty military and their families.
Remember that involving youth in service to veterans in conjunction with your Auxiliary can bring new membership to your Auxiliary. When youth and the whole family are included, members feel more invested in your Auxiliary.
Project examples to enlist the help of local youth groups include:
- Visiting and volunteering in VA facilities.
- Raising funds for community veterans memorial.
- Volunteering to help veterans and active-duty military and their families with yard work or household repairs.
- Teaching veterans computer skills.
- Creating and mailing cards to veterans.
Love is in the air! Who doesn’t want to be remembered on that one day of the year? But why must it just be on February 14? Our veterans in nursing care, deployed or alone need to realize we love them and appreciate them EVERY DAY. I challenge you to truly make EVERY DAY VETERANS DAY.