2017-2018 National Veterans & Family Support Ambassador
H&H Report and All About the Military Assistance Program (MAP)
Status of Health & Happiness Donation Report
In previous years, Department Leadership would have been made aware of the monthly Health & Happiness Donation Report to share with Auxiliaries. VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters is well aware of the need for this report. At this time, the Health & Happiness Monthly Donation Report is not available for Department Leadership and is on the list of reports needed through MALTA.
Encourage Auxiliaries to send Health & Happiness donations to National Headquarters through either the MALTA online system or by mailing an Auxiliary check made payable to VFW Auxiliary and earmarked Health & Happiness to:
VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters
406 W. 34th Street, 10th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64111
Upon completion of the Health & Happiness Report, Department Leadership will be notified. Thank you for your continued patience with MATLA!
Troop Support – Military Assistance Program (MAP)
The Military Assistance Program (MAP) is the outstretched hand between the local VFW and military community, offering support around the world. A large part of MAP is the Adopt-a-Unit program, providing VFW Posts and their Auxiliaries the opportunity to adopt hundreds of military units worldwide.
Adopt-a-Unit’s goal is to:
- Develop supportive relationships with units before, during and after deployments
- Deliver the vast network of resources the VFW has available to the military
What type of activities can be planned?
- Welcome Home, Deployment, Yellow Ribbon Gatherings
- Family Day Dinner/Picnics/BBQs, Holiday Parties/Breakfasts, Pizza/Movie Nights
- Employ your imagination/creativity to embrace/support our troops and their families
Is your Auxiliary is interested in adopting a unit? The following resources can be found at www.vfw.org/troopsupport/:
- Adopt-a-Unit FAQ
- Adopt-a-Unit Application
- How to Find a Unit
- MAP Grant FAQ
- MAP Grant Guidelines
Benefits from Adopting a Unit include:
- Supporting your local military members and their families.
- As VFW/Auxiliary members, you understand the challenges military members and their families face as well as the support they need.
- Connecting military members with the vast network of resources the VFW has available.
- Conducting Adopt-a-Unit activities is a great recruiting opportunity.
Where can I get assistance with Adopt-A-Unit Questions?
- Call the VFW’s Military Assistance Program office at 816-756-3390 or
- Email the MAP office at email@example.com
How do I apply?
- Submit the completed application to the MAP office one of the following ways:
- Email to the MAP office at MAP@vfw.org
- Fax to the MAP office at 816-968-2779
- Mail to: VFW National Headquarters
406 W. 34th Street
Kansas City, MO 64111
Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for your certificate packet to arrive.
Thank you for all the simple acts of kindness done each day to support our veterans, our military and their families so that they can “Catch the Dream for Our Veterans.”