2016-2017 National Scholarships Ambassador
VFW Auxiliary Continuing Education Scholarship
Judging for Patriot’s Pen and Voice of Democracy should be nearing completion (if it hasn’t been completed already). I’m sure judging all the essays and audio-essays was very difficult! I am really excited to read all the wonderful essays and hear the audio-essays that were selected as Department winners. Please acknowledge and publicly honor all of the student participants in your area for their entries in these contests.
Continuing Education Scholarship
Could you, your spouse, son or daughter use $1,000 to further your education? We encourage you and your eligible family members to apply for the VFW Auxiliary Continuing Education Scholarship. This scholarship is designed to assist Auxiliary members, and their immediate family members, who wish to further their education by pursing a college degree or career direction at a vocational/technical school.
What are the Scholarship Deadlines?
- July 1: Application process begins.
- February 15: All applications must be submitted to VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters*
- May 1: Scholarship recipients are notified.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Applicant must be 18 years of age or older and must be one of the following:
- Current VFW Auxiliary Member*
- Spouse of current VFW Auxiliary Member*
- Son of current VFW Auxiliary Member*
- Daughter of current VFW Auxiliary Member*
*Qualifying member must have been a member of the VFW Auxiliary for one (1) year by the application submission deadline.
What is the Scholarship Amount?
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded each year, one in each of the four VFW Auxiliary Conferences.
What are the Scholarship Submission Requirements?
Each applicant must:
- Answer all questions on the application.
- Write a brief essay (no more than 300 words) describing their commitment to their goals and how this scholarship will help them attain these goals.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you! Please take time to enjoy your family and friends while remembering all of those who have served and are serving to defend our country. I look forward to working with all of you in the coming year. Until then, have a safe and wonderful holiday season.