2019-2020 National Scholarships Ambassador
Voice of Democracy / Patriot’s Pen: “What Makes America Great”
The Voice of Democracy and Patriot’s Pen Contest entries are due to your local Posts by midnight on October 31, 2019. You have worked with your Post to ensure that these 2019-2020 scholarship programs were successful. Judge the entries as scheduled. Recognize and celebrate your student’s participation. Doing so will build a foundation for next year’s program. Share your success stories with other Posts, Auxiliaries, Districts and Departments.
Continuing Education Scholarship
Our next scholarship opportunity is the Continuing Education Scholarship, sponsored solely by the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary. Visit our National website at https://vfwauxiliary.org/scholarships for applications. Listed below is information you will find helpful when promoting this contest.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Open to all Auxiliary members, their spouse, son, and/or daughter.
- Member must have at least one year of Auxiliary membership.
- Applicant must be at least eighteen years of age.
- Only a fully completed application is accepted.
- The deadline for applications received at National Headquarters is February 15, 2020.
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to: VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters
Attn: Program Awards Administrator
406 W. 34th St., 10th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Applications received after February 15, 2020 will not be considered.
- A need for funding resources must be apparent.
- An essay of no more than 300 words describing commitment and goals is required.
Include an explanation of how this scholarship will help attain the goals.
This is the only scholarship in our Program not offered to the public. It benefits only Auxiliary members and their immediate family members.
- Four $1,000.00 scholarship awards are presented, one in each Conference:
- Big 10
- Notification to the winners of the scholarships from each Conference is May 1, 2020.
- Direct payment of the award goes to the American college or vocational/technical school of the awardees choice.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, please take advantage of this scholarship. National Headquarters consistently receives fewer than 150 applications annually for this scholarship!
- If you or your spouse are looking to achieve a degree, this is the scholarship for you!
- If you would like to continue your education to enhance your resume, this is the scholarship for you!
- If your son and/or daughter has graduated from high school, and is considering college or trade school, this is the scholarship for them!
Spread the word about the Continuing Education Scholarship in your own Auxiliary. Please do not miss this unique opportunity!
An Auxiliary member who received the Continuing Education Scholarship shared her thoughts with me on the impact of receiving this honor. She said that she had received her college degree, but wanted to take an additional class related to her degree. The award not only paid for the class, it also enabled her to purchase the books necessary to complete her studies. She said that without the extra funds, she would not have been able to accomplish this.
We touch so many with our Scholarship opportunities while we continue “Serving Our Veterans with Aloha!”