2018-2019 National Scholarships Ambassador
It’s Time to Promote Our Scholarship Contests!
Summer break is over. Youth are back in school and it’s time to start promoting our scholarship contests!
The theme for Patriot’s Pen is Why I Honor the American Flag and the theme for Voice of Democracy is Why My Vote Matters. Both of these themes are very relevant in today’s society. Students need to be thinking about these issues and voicing their opinions on them. The student deadline for both of these programs is October 31, 2018.
There are numerous ways to get our scholarship information out in the community. Have you or your Auxiliary Scholarships Chairman:
- Sent a letter introducing yourself and our Auxiliary Scholarships to the middle and high school teachers?
- Delivered the brochures and information to your local schools?
- Sent them to the home school associations in your area?
- Presented the information to the PTA/PTO, youth clubs, youth groups and teams?
- Spread the word through social media, radio, newspaper, TV, and/or bulletin boards at local businesses and libraries?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions today is the day to do it!
Brochures and information are available at www.vfw.org and you can also access them at www.vfwauxiliary.org/scholarships.
The VFW Auxiliary Continuing Education Scholarship is for us, our spouses and our children to continue our education or go back to school. The application as well as other resources for you to use can be found at www.vfwauxiliary.org/scholarships. This information should be in the hands of every member of your Auxiliary. How can they apply if they don’t know about the program? Some ways to promote this scholarship include:
- Send the information with your dues notices
- Hang posters and flyers in the Post
- Include the information in your newsletters
- Publicize the program at your college vet centers.
You might even get new members by getting the word out about this contest! The VFW Auxiliary Continuing Education Scholarship deadline is February 15, 2019.
The Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest has been updated and expanded this year. The prize money has been increased and we now accept three dimensional art!
Art pieces can be:
- On paper or canvas
- Made from paper, wood, glass, plastic, fabric, metal, etc.
Students can now express themselves in so many ways. The student entry deadline to local Auxiliaries is March 31, 2019. The updated brochure can be found at www.vfwauxiliary.org/scholarships.
Be sure to visit the Program & Publicity Resources page of the website for fillable media releases, downloadable flyers and more! One tool that lists information about all of these scholarships is the Scholarships At A Glance flyer. Print these out and have them at your recruiting booths and information events.
With these programs we really can help Dreams Come True. Believe…We Can Do It!