2015-2016 National Scholarships Ambassador
Reporting Reminders and Tips for Mailing Artwork
REPORTING – Make sure all loose ends are tied up for the Scholarships Program this year!
Auxiliary Chairman, in order for your Department Chairman to have all the information they need to complete their year-end report, please be sure you have reported the following:
- Young American Creative Patriotic Art
- Did you participate in promotion?
- How many entries did you receive?
- How much money did you award?
- Continuing Education Scholarship
- Did you distribute applications and/or publicized/promoted the scholarship?
- Voice of Democracy/Patriot’s Pen Contests
- Did you assist your post? You can be considered as participating even if you did not receive an entry.
- Number of members assisting.
- Number of hours involved.
- Did you publicize any of the above contests in your community?
- Did you host/co-host an awards ceremony?
Department Chairman, Your 2015-2016 Year-End Report is due to your Department President by May 1.
Have you finished judging the Young American Patriotic Art Contest? Make sure your winning entry is packaged securely and sent to be received at VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters by May 5th.
- It is recommended that you use a professional mailing store and let them package the art for shipment.
- It is recommended that you consider insuring the art and getting a delivery confirmation.
- Do not use old, bent or torn cardboard for packaging. If the package can bend, so can the artwork.
- The Department will be notified if National Headquarters receives an entry that has been damaged during shipment. The Department will then need to contact the student and handle any insurance claims with the shipping company.
- Use the Release of Artwork for Patriotic Art Contest when returning the entries back to your Auxiliaries. Please keep the tracking documentation for a year in case National Headquarters receives an inquiry from a student looking for their artwork.