2021-2022 National Scholarships Ambassador
How to Support Auxiliary Scholarships
National President Jean Hamil’s Special Project, Fund the Future, seeks to promote and strengthen both the Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest scholarship and the Continuing Education Scholarship. As a team can make this happen; it only takes a little to help a lot
Fund the Future benefits scholarships in two ways:
- Increasing the number of Patriotic Art scholarships awarded at National level from 12 to 20.
- Increasing the award amount of the Continuing Education Scholarship from $1,000 to $2,500
There are three ways to donate to Jean’s Special Project:
- Donate personally online through MALTA.
- Send a check by mail earmarked Patriotic Art or Continuing Education to:
Attn: Scholarship Fund
406 W. 34th St., 10th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Establish a Patriotic Art Scholarship.
Contact National Headquarters if you, your Auxiliary, District or Department are interested in establishing a scholarship at the National level.
Should you have any questions, please contact National headquarters at 816-561-8655 or email email@example.com.
Inform your members how easy it is to go online to save or print the Patriotic Art and Continuing Education applications and rules.
Patriotic Art brochures with application may be requested though the Auxiliary National website Resources page at vfwauxiliary.org/resources.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
- Continuing Education: Applications must be received at National Headquarters by February 15, 2022.
- Patriotic Art: Student entries must be submitted to a sponsoring local Auxiliary by March 31, 2022. Entries submitted to Auxiliary National Headquarters will be returned.
- It’s never too early to think about how your Post and Auxiliary can recognize local students who participate in scholarships.
- Check out the VFW Store for ideas and gifts to give to your shining stars to remember how you and your Auxiliary helped in their future.