2021-2022 National Scholarships Ambassador
Continuing Education: National must receive applications by February 15, 2022.
Patriotic Art: Student entries must be submitted to a sponsoring Auxiliary by March 31, 2022.
All entries submitted to VFW Auxiliary’s Headquarters will be returned.
Fund the Future, National President, Jean Hamil’s Special Project
This is a win-win program:
- Increases the number of Young American Creative Patriotic Art Scholarships awarded at the National level from 12 to 20.
- Increases the award amount of the Continuing Education Scholarship from $1,000 to $2,500.
Three ways to donate to Jean’s Special Project:
- Donate personally online through MALTA.
- Send a check earmarked Patriotic Art or Continuing Education to:
406 W. 34th St., 10th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Establish a Patriotic Art Scholarship.
Contact National Headquarters if you, your Auxiliary, District or Department are interested in establishing a Scholarship at the National level.
If you have any questions, contact National Headquarters at 816-561-8655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Spread the word how easy it is to go online to print the Patriotic Art and Continuing Education applications and rules.
If you need more applications for Patriotic Art, you can print them from the Resources Page through the National Auxiliary Resources Page.
Ways to recognize these Students and participants
- With your VFW, have a Dinner or Luncheon.
- Purchase Certificates, Backpacks and/or other items from the VFW Store for the students participants.
- Contact your local newspaper, school website or social media and acknowledge the participants.
Letting the public and the participants know we care enough to follow through is very important.
Let’s make their dreams come true. They are our tomorrow’s leaders and our future.