Francesca "Frankie" Bill
2020-2021 National Scholarships Ambassador
Students and educators continue to navigate new ways of learning during 2020. One thing has remained consistent, scholarship opportunities! The VFW Auxiliary provides funding relief to further educate one’s academic path forward.
Members are aware of the scholarship opportunities we offer youth, including the Patriot’s Pen, Voice of Democracy and Young American Creative Patriotic Art contests. However, many are unaware of the scholarship opportunity we offer adults – the Continuing Education Scholarship that is for existing Auxiliary members, their spouse and children.
The following eligibility requirements will help aid in promoting this contest and enlist successful applicants:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Available only to current Auxiliary members, their spouse, son(s), and/or daughter(s).
- Qualifying member must demonstrate one-year of Auxiliary membership.
- Four $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year, one in each of the four VFW Auxiliary Conferences (e.g., Big Ten, Eastern, Southern, Western).
- Only fully completed applications are accepted.
- A maximum of a 300-word essay explaining how this scholarship will assist in attaining education goals.
- Application acceptance began July 1, 2020.
- Applications must be received at National Headquarters by February 15, 2021:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: Program Awards Administrator
VFW Auxiliary National Headquarters
406 W. 34th Street, 10th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64111
- Scholarship recipients or awardees will be notified by May 1, 2021.
- Award monies are paid directly to the American college/university or vocational/technical school.
The VFW Auxiliary has nearly 475,000 members. Each year, less than 150 applications are received. Help raise awareness of this scholarship contest to further an applicant’s potential to train for a career, learn new skills, and improve their life. Promote the Continuing Education Scholarship within your Post Homes, meeting locations (whether in-person or via technology), and through marketing activities such as posters, newsletters, websites and social media platforms. You could be one!
Reminder: Voice of Democracy and Patriot’s Pen contest entries are due to local Posts by midnight on October 31, 2020. Thank you for working with your Post to ensure this year’s contests are a success.