2018-2019 National Membership & Recruitment Ambassador
Make it Happen!
The year is winding down and 2019 is right around the corner. Our national membership currently stands at 84.6 percent. As of November 20, we need 73,280 members to reach 100 percent plus. We have seven months until the end of the membership year. We must unite together to make Membership our primary goal. Are you doing your part to make it happen?
- Are you attending or hosting Membership trainings?
- Are you encouraging fellow members by providing them with new recruiting ideas?
- Are you teaching others how they, too, can pay dues online in MALTA?
- Are you using social media to reach potential new members?
- Are you connecting with bachelor Posts in your Department to encourage them to authorize the institution of an Auxiliary?
- Are you sharing WHY you are an active member of our organization with potential members?
- Are you encouraging your members to offer their family members the opportunity to celebrate and honor their veteran’s service by becoming an Auxiliary member?
Did you know you can earn awards for yourself, your Auxiliary and Department for recruiting new and/or rejoined members into the organization?
AWARDS FOR MEMBERS:
Have you recruited five (5), ten (10) members? Send in your Member Recruiter Award form and receive a pin for your efforts! Have your recruited twenty (20) members? Send in the VFW Auxiliary Member Award form and receive a National Membership Achievement Award!
- One Uncle Sam Hat Pin to each VFW and VFW Auxiliary member who recruits five (5) new and/or rejoined members to the VFW Auxiliary from July 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. Official form required. Due to National Headquarters by May 31, 2019. Pin will be mailed directly to the member.
- One Patriotic Vest Pin to each VFW and VFW Auxiliary member who recruits 10 new and/or rejoined members to the VFW Auxiliary from July 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. Official form required. Due to National Headquarters by May 31, 2019. Pin will be mailed directly to the member.
- National Membership Achievement Award – Each VFW or VFW Auxiliary member who secures 20 new and/or rejoined members from July 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019. Official form required. Due to National Headquarters by May 31, 2019.
AWARDS FOR AUXILIARIES
Create A Fact Sheet or Brochure and Help Fellow Members!
A second possibility of obtaining a National Award with the same December 31, 2018, deadline to your Department Membership Chairman is a fact sheet or brochure that you and/or one of your Auxiliary members created to pass out to potential or new members. When creating these fact sheets or brochures be sure to include information you would have loved to have received yourself as a brand-new member. To participate, you need to send your fact sheet or brochure to the Department Membership Chairman by December 31, 2018. The Department Membership Chairman will forward ONE Department winner to the National Ambassador by January 31, 2019. The winner will be announced at the 2019 National Mid-Year Conference in Tucson, Arizona in March.
Congratulations to all the Departments for working so hard to reach their Membership goals! Everyone is doing a great job and NO ONE failed! If your Department didn’t reach the first goal, shake it off and shoot for the second goal! I believe each Department will reach 100 percent plus!
Congratulations to the following 22 Departments for reaching the first goal:
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Thank you all for everything you do for our veterans, their families and our organization! I wish you all a very happy holiday season!