2017-2018 National Membership & Leadership Ambassador
What a great start to the Program Year! MALTA is up and running for Treasurers at all levels. I have heard a lot of positive comments from Treasurers about how easy and fast entering membership has been for them, which means you are all recruiting new members and Auxiliaries are sending out dues notices.
Are you an Annual Member? Have you activated your MALTA account? If so, you can help your Department win $250.00* simply by logging in to MALTA and paying your annual dues online. It is so convenient! No envelopes, stamps, having to find your Treasurers’ address, or figuring out what you did with the dues notice.
Like you, I am anxiously awaiting my new Life Membership card. Life and Annual Membership cards are currently being printed and will take approximately 6-8 weeks to prepare and ship to members. However, all members may access their membership card at any time on any device by logging in to MALTA and selecting “View Card.”
- Members may print and/or download the image of their card from MALTA.
- No printer? No problem! Members may access MALTA on a smartphone or tablet and show the image of their membership card at any meeting as proof of membership.
I am excited to see what else we can do in MALTA!
Has your Auxiliary used the New Member Engagement Packet? It’s a great *NEW* tool to help get your new members get better acquainted with our organization. The packet includes:
- New Member Welcome Letter/Email Template
- Connect with Us (VFW Auxiliary Officer and National contact information)
- Member Benefits One-Sheeter
- Know Your Bylaws
- Understanding Auxiliary Traditions
- VFW Auxiliary Acronyms and Common Terminology
- VFW Auxiliary National Programs: An Overview
- VFW Auxiliary Facts Leaflet
- VFW Store Flier
Look for it on the National website under Membership & Leadership Resources. Remember if they feel appreciated and we get them involved, the new members are more likely to stick around!
Here is a brief to-do list:
- Send out your dues notices if you haven’t already
- Start to “Catch 5” by recruiting “Just One” new member
- Make your new members feel welcome
- Appreciate ALL your members
Remember, more members mean we will be able to assist more veterans, active-duty service members and their families! Thank you for all you do!
*One Department in each Program Division with the highest percentage of Annual Members who pay their dues online using MALTA through their individual member profile will receive $250.00! See your Department Membership Chairman for more details!