2017-2018 National Legislative Ambassador
Be an Effective Messenger
As advocates for issues and legislation that affect our veterans, active-duty service members and their families, we need to be effective messengers. We can better mobilize our nearly a half million VFW Auxiliary members and their friends, relatives, acquaintances, coworkers and other contacts. Your connections will assist us to reach an even larger audience with our message of the VFW’s legislative priorities.
- The VFW and its Auxiliary are two organizations with one mission, purpose and goal – to HELP VETERANS!
- The Auxiliary is an organization of nearly a half million members.
- Our members provide “Unwavering Support for Uncommon Heroes”® to improve the lives of veterans, active-duty service members, their families and our communities.
- We advocate for our veterans, active-duty service members and their families.
- We are a voice for 22 million veterans on Capitol Hill.
- Everything we do is with the VFW’s Priority Goals and veterans’ well-being in mind.
- Team Work
- Leveraging Best Practices
- Our nation made a promise to those who serve and we fight to ensure that promise is kept.
- We are a nation that is still at war and failure is not an option!
The more connections we have and the better we are at conveying our message, the stronger and more successful our voices will be on Capitol Hill. We CAN AND DO make a difference in maintaining and improving the quality of life of our veterans, service members, and their families.
CALL TO ACTION:
- Please click on the following link to join the VFW Action Corps to give voice to our message to Congress to ensure that our VFW Priority Goals are enacted. Also, use the social media of your choice to mobilize your contacts to join our veterans advocacy group. http://capwiz.com/vfw/mlm/signup.htm
- Contact your legislators by email, letters or phone calls to:
- Reject Section 707 of Senate Bill # 1519, which would increase TRICARE enrollment fees for current beneficiaries.
- Reject Section 706 of Senate Bill # 1519, which would not only increase TRICARE pharmacy copayments for retirees in order to generate DOD savings to pay for readiness improvements, but would also tie any future fee increases to the national health expenditure index, instead of the traditional cost-of-living adjustment.
- Help us achieve our legislative program goals:
- Let your voices be heard.
- Respond to VFW Action Alerts as soon as you receive them.
Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for our veterans. Every day is Veterans Day!