2021-2022 National Historian & Media Relations Ambassador
As we look forward to this year of Soaring Above & Beyond, we’ll focus on taking social media to new heights by developing ideas, coaching and sharing information. To begin, every Auxiliary in every Department should establish their own Facebook page to share what they are doing with and for Veterans in their community. Facebook allows Auxiliaries to share and promote fundraisers, events and Programs with a wide audience.
How to establish a Facebook page
- Visit the VFW Auxiliary website Resources page. Scroll down to Historian & Media Relations.
- Click on How to Set Up Your Auxiliary Facebook Page to locate detailed instructions.
- Follow the step-by-step process and helpful tips to create your Facebook page.
Additional assistance for managing your Auxiliary Facebook page is also included in the Historian & Media Relations resources.
Tips for a successful Facebook page:
- Your Facebook page should be kept up to date with fresh ideas to encourage members to follow the page and to check in often.
- Invite your members to join your Auxiliary Facebook page.
- LIKE & SHARE! This is how news spreads.
- Only Auxiliary business is appropriate. Politics and personal information should be omitted.
- Post photos, videos, blogs or vlogs to let everyone know what your Auxiliary is doing.
- Share Programs with your members and the community while also providing options for participation.
- Include a link to your Auxiliary website to highlight even more details about our organization, events, Programs and ways the community can support Veterans.
If you’ve never created a Facebook page, it is time to move forward and embrace this social media tool. Challenge yourself to step out of your comfort zone. Use online resources for inspiration and access established Auxiliary Facebook pages to see how others promote the ways we support Veterans, service members, their families and our communities.