2019-2020 National Hospital Ambassador
Autumn is upon us and all of those wonderful fall festivals are happening throughout our nation!
- Get involved in these festivals to recruit volunteers of all ages. Set up a table, participate in the parade and/or sponsor a game. This is a great way to recruit volunteers and can also be utilized to promote our Programs.
- Coordinate with your VA Medical Centers to have information on how to become a volunteer.
- Volunteers are needed at our hospitals, nursing homes, veterans’ homes, VA facilities and any other medical facility where Veterans are served.
- A Hospital Volunteer Recruitment Kit is available from our National website at vfwauxiliary.org/resources.
- Invite a VA Representative to attend. If they cannot, ask your Department VAVS Representatives.
- INSPIRE! ATTRACT! RECRUIT!
Volunteer Recruitment Awards for Members:
- Citation to one member in each Program Division who recruits the most Hospital (VA and non-VA) Volunteers from July 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
- “Hospital Volunteer Recruiter of the Year” plaque awarded to one member in the nation who recruits the most Hospital (VA and non-VA) Volunteers from July 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
- Citation to the Outstanding Hospital Volunteer of the Year in each Program Division.
Center for Women Veterans
Do you know about the Center for Women Veterans? The Center for Women Veterans (CWV) was established by Congress in November 1994 by P.L. 103-446.
- Monitor and coordinate VA’s administration of health care and benefits services, and programs for women veterans.
- Serve as an advocate both in the VA and the general public.
- Raise awareness of the responsibility to treat women veterans with dignity and respect.
- Women Veterans Call Center: 1-855-829-6636, for assistance.
- And, of course, the Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255, press option 1 to be connected to a skilled, trained coordinator.
- For more information visit https://www.va.gov/womenvet.
Thank you for all of your reports, pictures and presentations! You are all doing a GREAT service to our veterans in our VA Medical Centers, veterans’ homes, and all facilities who serve our veterans. As you know, keeping our veterans’ spirit up will only help in their recovery and well-being. Even a smile will brighten their day!
Keep up the good work “Serving Our Veterans with Aloha!”