2018-2019 National Hospital Ambassador
It’s almost time to report on our Foundation. Members have been working hard and the progress is amazing. Take time to look around, thank those who are doing a good job and reward them with earned pins and citations.
Here is the last of the bricks:
Sixteen bricks – SWAP stands for Share Wonderful Auxiliary Projects. As members of the SWAP team, watch for these good project/program ideas printed in the Ambassador’s promotional material and VFW Auxiliary Magazine. Spark ideas for building strong Auxiliaries.
Seventeen bricks – National President Sandi Kriebel’s inspirational song is “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth. One line from the song is – “‘Cause you know, I just wanna see you smile.” Members are the base of the foundation.
With each member representing one brick, the Foundation is 470,000 bricks. The strong building represents the strong Auxiliary.
Community Volunteer Recruitment Week of April 7-13, 2019
Here is a quick project idea that was shared with many Department Hospital Chairmen in January and February:
- From VAVS get a:
- Paper copy of the Application for Voluntary Service
- Printout called Process to Become a Volunteer for the ____ VA Health Care System
- List of volunteer opportunities
- Make copies for members at a VFW Auxiliary meeting
- All members have been invited to volunteer at a VA Medical Facility
- Members can share with their family/friends
- Members and family/friends can distribute in the community
Volunteer or attend
- National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic
March 30 – April 6, 2019
- National Veterans Golden Age Games
June 5 – 10, 2019
Registration: February 25 – March 8, 2019
Contact: NVGAG National Staff
Remember hospitalized veterans every day, including these days in March:
- March 13 – K-9 Veterans Day
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- March 25 – Medal of Honor Day
- March 29 – Vietnam Veterans Day
Thank you for all you do for our hospitalized veterans! It brings a smile to their face when they see a friendly face!