2018-2019 National Hospital Ambassador
This is the last Hospital Blog for the 2018-2019 Auxiliary year, but we have more to accomplish!
- Use the graphic and application form to order Hospital Volunteer Service pins for qualifying members.
- Verify qualifications for a Hospital Recruiting Award.
- Create Hospital Volunteer Appreciation certificates (Option A or Option B).
- Appreciate the Auxiliary volunteers with a luncheon or special card.
- Community Volunteer Recruitment Weeks Member Report Form (fillable). Send completed report form by May 31, 2019.
All of the items listed above can be found under ‘Hospital’ at https://vfwauxiliary.org/resources.
Answer these questions …
- Did you participate in Community Volunteer Recruitment Weeks?
- If yes, which week(s) did you participate?
- Number of VFW Auxiliary members you recruited to volunteer.
- Number of sponsored non-members or youth you recruited.
- Number of families you recruited to volunteer.
…To receive these Awards for Members
- Award to one member with the most VA volunteers recruited.
- Award to one member with the most sponsored non-member volunteers recruited.
- Award to one member with the most non-VA volunteers recruited.
- Award to one member with the most total recruits from all categories.
Ask your local VA about Whole Health for Life: Components of proactive health and well-being. To learn more, visit https://www.va.gov/PATIENTCENTEREDCARE/index.asp.
National Rehabilitation Events
Gather a group and volunteer and/or cheer on participants at these VA Sporting Events:
National Veterans Golden Age Games
June 5 – 10, 2019
National Veterans Wheelchair Games
July 11 – 16, 2019
National Disabled Veterans TEE Tournament
Iowa City, Iowa
September 8 – 13, 2019
National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic
San Diego, California
September 15 – 20, 2019
Department Hospital Chairman – THANK YOU for a successful year!