2016-2017 National Chief of Staff/Extension
March 20, the first day of Spring, is just around the corner. It’s a time when the grass and plants start to grow and flowers begin to bloom. The change of seasons allows us to review the status of each Auxiliary’s health.
Are we happy and healthy? How do we check the status of our Auxiliaries?
- Utilize the RU Healthy Checklist to be sure all deadlines are met.
- Continue to openly communicate with all Auxiliary members.
- Now is the time to identify any new issues that have surfaced. Once good communications are established, and issues have been identified and addressed, members will begin working together again, returning the Auxiliary to a healthy state.
- Spring is a good time to match members (Life, continuous and new) to fill elected or appointed offices, program chairmanships and committees.
- Find ways for each member to serve in your Auxiliary; match volunteer opportunities with your members’ interests and abilities. Member engagement is a key to keeping your Auxiliary healthy.
- Encourage members to attend District and Department Meetings. The introduction to these two levels may encourage Auxiliary members to do more to support their local Auxiliary.
- Share the tools in the Healthy Auxiliary Toolkit. Let members see for themselves how they can use these tools to keep their Auxiliary healthy.
- Encourage members to view the Auxiliary Traditions video. It will help them understand our traditions and why we have them.
- Show videos from the Online Auxiliary Academy at your meetings. Topics covered include Bylaws & Ritual sections, election and registration of Delegates and Alternates, Installation Reports, Treasurer and Trustee questions and answers, IRS 990’s reporting, the Branding Center and many more items.
- Every member should recruit new members and help retain current members. Our membership growth depends on all members working together. Our Mentoring Program helps develop caring relationships among all members while we provide “Unwavering Support for Uncommon Heroes”®.
Let the Spring months be a time of renewal and revitalization for your Auxiliary. Every member needs to be dedicated and committed to our cause: helping veterans, active-duty military and their families.