2020-2021 National Chief of Staff & Extension Ambassador
As Chiefs of Staff, you are asked to participate in the good, the bad — and what could be termed as the ugly — in our Departments. You accepted the challenge and moved forward to serve your Department in any capacity needed. What could possibly arise that would need your assistance?
Auxiliary Suspension: Are you…
- Part of a suspension team?
- Appointing qualified members to be part of the team?
- Identifying the problem?
- Defining expectations?
- Providing the necessary paperwork to be submitted?
Auxiliary Disbandment: Are you…
- Making recommendations based on circumstances?
- Informing Auxiliary members that they will become Members at Large?
- Suggesting Auxiliaries to transfer into an Auxiliary in their area?
- Making sure the members understand the results of their choices?
Auxiliary Disciplinary Actions: Are you…
- Referring to the Bylaws when suggesting a course of action?
- Acting as a mediator with the Officers of the Auxiliary?
- Providing the proper paperwork to proceed?
Training: Are you…
- Providing training about Building on the VFW Auxiliary Foundation?
- Offering training about conflict resolution?
- Discouraging personality disputes?
- Encouraging members to work together for the Good of the Organization?
- Offering to follow up with individual Auxiliaries in need of assistance?
Recognition: Are you…
- Using the Good Job Awards to recognize Auxiliaries?
- Using the Good Job Awards to recognize individual members?
Please visit the National website and take advantage of the many tools offered to make our members the most informed and motivated as possible (even during COVID-19).
Extension: Are You…
- Promoting participation in the National Extension Award #1?
- Reminding them that nominations must be sent to Department Chiefs of Staff?
- Emphasizing that Department Chiefs must sign the form and send it to me by April 30, 2021?
Now back to our continuing saga of “Decide. Commit. Succeed.”
Moving on, our Auxiliary was sure they were ready to order their Charter. The ducks were all in a row! They began contacting the interested parties who had completed applications for membership and found that many were no longer interested because it was taking too long. Some joined other Auxiliaries in the area. We no longer had the requisite number of applicants to order the Charter! So much work, and still, we can’t be an Auxiliary! Stay tuned for our next installment of “Decide. Commit. Succeed.”
Thank you for all you do for our veterans and our Auxiliary by ensuring we continue to conduct business during these trying times. We pledge to continue Honoring Our Mission to Serve Veterans.