Betty J. Stahm
2019-2020 National "Buddy"® Poppy/VFW National Home for Children Ambassador
National Home Life Memberships / Fall is in the Air!
Are you a Life Member of the VFW National Home for Children?
Becoming a Life Member of the VFW National Home for Children will help support our military and veteran families in their time of need. Does your Auxiliary promote the Life Membership program for our National Home?
Ways Auxiliaries can support the VFW National Home Life Membership program:
- Recognize faithful volunteers in your Auxiliary by purchasing a Life Membership for them.
- Raffle a Life Membership. Any profits from the sale of tickets will go into your relief fund that can be used to donate to the National Home.
- Great item for a raffle ticket auction.
- Promote in your Post/Auxiliary newsletters.
- Educate your community about the Life Membership program.
There are two types of membership:
- VFW and VFW Auxiliary members and organizations are eligible to become Life Members. Life Members may vote for the Trustees who represent their National Home District and approve any proposed changes to the bylaws and articles of incorporation.
- Any individual or organization wishing to support the National Home’s mission can become an Associate Life Member. Associate Life Members do not have voting privileges.
The cost of becoming a Life Member is a one-time fee of $50 and includes a membership certificate, a wallet card and a Life Member pin. Life Memberships can be purchased by check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card.
Visit https://www.vfwnationalhome.org/membership for:
- More information
- Life Membership application
- To purchase a Life Membership
Please note: The National Home does not share a roster with the VFW National Headquarters. In the event of a Life Member’s passing, or a change of address, please contact the National Home directly so that the proper updates can be made.
Did you know you can become a recruiter for the VFW National Home for Children?
How to become a recruiter for the National Home:
- Register online.
- Calling the National Home @ 866.483.9642.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you register to become a recruiter you can request materials to help with your efforts to grow the membership for this worthy cause.
Visit https://www.vfwnationalhome.org/recruiter. You will find:
- Ways to get started
- Recruiting tips
- Recruiting Letter
- Questions and Answers
Your Auxiliary can also recruit Life Members. The Auxiliary will receive a certificate once you reach Life Member milestones; 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 750 and 1,000.
Becoming a recruiter for the VFW National Home for Children will give our military and veteran children the happy family that they deserve.
The Strength of a Mighty Little Flower
For almost 100 years the “Buddy”® Poppy has been the official memorial flower for the Veterans of Foreign Wars. There are many ways to use the “Buddy”® Poppy in our Programs and to show support to our military and veterans.
Fall is in the air! We are now feeling the crisp air that comes with cooler temperatures. A “special” little red flower will add a perfect touch to all the beautiful fall colors around us. Now is a good time of year to schedule your “Buddy”® Poppy drive. Decorate your table with a beautiful fall centerpiece assembled with poppies. Raffle the centerpiece with the proceeds going into your relief fund to support our veterans. The beautifully colored centerpiece will bring attention to your table. The more creative we are with our mighty flower the more we will bring awareness to our mission. Since 1914, the VFW Auxiliary has united Americans from all walks of life with a common purpose: to improve the lives of veterans, active-duty service members and their families, and our communities. One single red mighty flower represents our “Unwavering Support for Uncommon Heroes” ®