2020-2021 National "Buddy"® Poppy & VFW National Home for Children Ambassador
This year as we are “Honoring Our Mission to Serve Veterans,” we must continue to get the word out about how “Buddy”® Poppy donations benefit our relief funds and veterans in need.
- Social Media: Facebook, etc. share the promotions your Department Chairmen are posting so they will reach your Auxiliary members.
- Have virtual fundraisers by sending letters (with pictures of Poppies) to your members reminding them that there are an increasing number of veterans needing assistance during this time.
- If you host food drives, when accepting the food give a “Buddy”® Poppy as you say, “thank you.”
- With Thanksgiving coming, you can decorate with Poppies and wrap the silverware with Poppies.
Today, so many families are having hard times making ends meet. How sad is it to think that there is help for our military, veterans and families of veterans but they may not be aware of it? Make sure other service organizations aware of the benefits of and programs at and by the VFW National Home for Children.
- Ask to come and speak at their meeting and be sure to take National Home helpline cards.
- Put and share the National Home information on your Auxiliary Facebook pages.
- Make sure that everyone knows the VFW National Home for Children gets NO federal, state or local government funding. The subsist solely on donations from VFW, MOC and their Auxiliaries, and generous donations from their Community supporters.
- Remember the VFW National Home at your holiday celebrations and give THANKS!
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and your families; please be safe!