2021-2022 National “Buddy”® Poppy & VFW National Home Ambassador
Promote the VFW National Home for Children in Your Community
With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, you can honor your veteran by helping other veterans and their families during the holiday season and year-round.
While many of us count our blessings, so many families are having a hard time making ends meet. How sad is it to think that there is life-changing help for active-duty military, veterans and families of veterans and that they may not be aware of it?
It’s important for veterans, active-duty military and their family members to have someone they can reach out to during times of crisis.
The VFW National Home for Children’s Military & Veteran Family Helpline can offer advice and/or refer those in need of assistance to agencies and organizations in the veteran’s and/or family member’s local community.
- The Helpline is accessible at 800-313-4200 and is a free service.
- Phone calls are answered Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, except on holidays.
- If a message is left after 4:30 p.m. it will be answered the next business day.
- Access Helpline information online at vfwnationalhome.org/get-help
- You may also email the Helpline at email@example.com for assistance.
- Please note that this is a HELPLINE, not a 24/7 hotline.
Make sure other service organizations in your area are aware of the benefits and programs available at VFW National Home for Children. Reach out and ask if you can speak to their members about the VFW National Home for Children.
It’s essential for Auxiliaries to work with other organizations in the community to ensure that our veterans, active-duty military and their families have a comfortable holiday season filled with food, warmth and friendship. In doing so, we can help them move forward to a brighter future.
Remember the VFW National Home for Children at your holiday celebrations and give THANKS!
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and to your families.