2020-2021 National "Buddy"® Poppy & VFW National Home Ambassador
We are near the end of the journey we took this Program Year. Thank you to the hundreds of thousands of VFW Auxiliary members across the country for not giving up when faced with challenges due to COVID-19.
You found innovative ways to host “Buddy”® Poppy drives and to make “Buddy”® Poppy displays. Auxiliaries and Departments stepped up and assembled “Buddy”® Poppies so all who wanted and needed them received them.
Each of us can continue to make our members and our communities aware of the “Buddy”® Poppy by:
- Hosting “Buddy”® Poppy drives.
- Creating “Buddy”® Poppy table decorations.
- Giving “Buddy”® Poppies to attendees at all Post and Auxiliary events.
- Teaching children about the “Buddy”® Poppy and how it positively impacts veterans.
VFW National Home for Children
You hosted fundraisers, purchased Life Memberships and opened AmazonSmile accounts to help the National Home continue serving veterans and their families. Each of us can continue to support the VFW National Home for Children by:
- Encouraging your Auxiliary to pay its Health & Happiness.
- Encouraging the purchase of National Home Life Memberships.
- Purchasing items from the National Home’s Amazon Wish List.
- Supporting the National Home while you shop with AmazonSmile. Select the National Home as your AmazonSmile charity of choice and AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5 percent of the purchase price from your eligible purchases to the National Home.
- Purchasing a Tribute Brick – A personalized brick is a wonderful way to honor a friend or loved one and leave a lasting mark on the campus of the National Home.
- Donating monthly – Become a Home Front Hero through the convenience of their monthly giving program. Monthly giving is a simple, secure and convenient way to support the VFW National Home for Children.
I look forward to seeing you all at National Convention in Baltimore, Maryland. Thank you again for your commitment to the “Buddy”® Poppy and the National Home for Children.