2022-2023 National Auxiliary Outreach Ambassador
This just in. Seattle Volunteerism Tumbled During Pandemic and Hasn’t Bounced Back. Fact or Fiction? FACT. This was on the front page of my weekend paper dated February 11, 2023. The numbers are staggering. Before the pandemic, in my metropolitan area, 1 million people volunteered annually in each of the 3 years before the pandemic. Now, that number hovers in the low 20% range. Does that grab you? It should. Does that mean there’s a huge need for everyone to step up? You bet it does. How about your community? Is there an opportunity that needs filling? It’s never too late to get out there and partner with a local entity that is struggling to make your community a better place. This is what Auxiliary Outreach is all about. Selflessly giving your time; no money, no gifts, no planning – just be there. Now, get one more partnership kicked into high gear.
The End is in Sight!
Here we are in the homestretch; the finish line is just ahead. Time to pour on that last bit of strength and break through the winner’s tape.
Deadlines and Awards
Let’s review a couple key points as we start rapping up a successful year:
- Local Auxiliary Outreach Chairmen: Send your final reports to your Department Chairmen no later than March 31, 2023. Check with your Department President if they have earlier deadlines.
- Department Auxiliary Outreach Chairmen: Send your report of participating Auxiliaries to National HQ by April 30, 2023. Certificates are mailed directly from National HQ.
- Department Chairmen: Sign a copy of the report of your MOST outstanding local Auxiliary Outreach report directly to me no later than April 30, 2023. Each Conference has one winner.
All participating (reporting) Departments receive a Citation at your Department Convention.
- 10 Awards (one per Program Division) for a $25 VFW Store Gift Certificate for most effective promotion.
- 10 Awards (one per Program Division) for Outstanding Performance Award. Please review the Auxiliary Outreach Program goals on
page 14 of the 2022-2023 Auxiliary Program Book for the expectations of the Program and details of the Outstanding Performance Awards on page 5.
Does our volunteering stop when we turn in our reports and pat ourselves on the back for a job well done? NO!
We roll up our sleeves and continue to move forward. Never forget who we are and what we represent: the Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars. There’s never a challenge we’ve backed down from. I challenge all of you to get out there and volunteer.
Check with your Department Chairman for up-to-date information. Link to great information on all the Auxiliary Programs and report requirements through MALTA Member Resources at: malta.vfwauxiliary.org/MemberResources
With Hands That Serve and Hearts That Care, continue to reach out in your communities with Auxiliary Outreach.